EdgeSafe® Smart Gate
ESG and ESGDBL
Improve employee and customer safety the smart way by utilizing the EdgeSafe® Smart Gate from PS Safety Access™ in your facility. With flexible sizing to fit virtually any situation, our Smart Gate is ideal for a variety of applications – including: loading docks, fall protection/railing openings, mezzanines, machine guarding, equipment protection, ground-level traffic/pedestrian control, aisle violator, area perimeter protection, and crowd control where forklift traffic (or other machinery) is present.
Designed with patent pending features, this gate provides ground-level protection as well as fall protection for low height guardrail openings or exposed edges. With just one hand, this gate lifts vertically 90 degrees (without pinch points) giving access to the restricted/protected area. Each gate is designed with a Lock-Out feature to prevent unauthorized access.
Available in both Single (48″ to 156″) and Double (108″ to 324″) gate configurations to accommodate a variety of opening sizes ranging from typical to extra large – the Double gates, for example, are well suited for low headroom and wide areas.
An optional toeboard (sold separately) is available for select models to help to increase edge protection from falling objects.
To download product information, see the black tabs located in the upper right corner of your screen.
Manually operated Smart Gates for mezzanines: This product only serves as a means of fall protection when the product is in the closed and latched (if applicable) position. The operation of this product requires the user to manually lift/move the product between the closed and open positions. In applications where the product is positioned to protect a fall-edge, the person operating the product is required to implement another primary means of fall protection, whenever the product is not closed and latched (if applicable). In the case where a product is positioned at a loading dock ledge, closed garage doors or the presence of a truck at the dock ledge may reduce the potential for fall hazards while the gate is in use. It is the responsibility of the employer to implement a gate usage policy and training which accounts for the site specific hazards where this product is installed.
EdgeSafe® Smart Gate Selector
EDGESAFE® SMART GATE (SINGLE) QUICK FACTS
EDGESAFE® SMART GATE BENEFITS
- Safety That Pays – The EdgeSafe Smart Gate keeps your team safe while keeping your facility running efficiently
- Extended Configurations – Available in both Single (48″ to 156″) and Double (108″ to 324″) gate configurations to accommodate a variety of applications and opening sizes ranging from typical to extra large – the Double, for example, is well suited for low headroom and wide areas
- Flexible Sizing – Gate systems adjustable to fit a variety of clear opening widths
- Easy Operation – Counterbalanced design makes it easy for one person to operate the gate smoothly with just one hand
- No Slamming – A unique dampening system keeps the gate from closing hard, and the damper is specially mounted high up to prevent it from becoming damaged
- Lifts Out Of The Way – The gate lifts vertically 90 degrees (without pinch points) to ensure plenty of clearance
- Built To Last – Heavy-gauge steel and a powder coat yellow finish make it ideal for repetitive use
- Ships via FedEx or UPS – Once assembled, simply bolts to existing floor or concrete
- Lock-Out Standard On All Gates – Each model can be locked to prevent unauthorized access
- Optional Toeboard – Available for ESG-60-PCY, ESG-96-PCY and ESGDBL-120-PCY models; an optional toeboard (sold separately) helps to increase edge protection from falling objects
EDGESAFE® SMART GATE LOCK-OUT
Each model can be locked to prevent unauthorized access.
If you’d like more information about how to order this product, please give us a call at the number below or use our Information Request online form.
We are here five days a week from 8am-5pm.